2007 Bonneville Dying And Sputtering

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jedediah beadle, Jun 27, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jedediah beadle

jedediah beadle New Member

Jun 27, 2022
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    #1 jedediah beadle, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    I got a 2007 bonnie a couple weeks ago without about 10k miles on it. It had some after firing and sputtering going on. I put some carb cleaner through the tank hoping that would fix it. Slowly it seemed to be improving somewhat then I took a trip through the badlands. After getting off one dirt road it started to sputter. I thought maybe it was from the little gas station where I got bad gas or something. I stopped again to fuel up and then it wouldn't start. Just clicking sounds. I bump started it and we made home the rest of the 40 miles sputtering the whole way home. It even died in town twice but I got it home.

I'm wondering if the initial problem was carburetor and now the battery died? Do I need to check the battery/clean the carb? I'm not really mechanical but now I am out of a bike. After work I hope to get home and somehow test the battery. I want to look around and see why it's not starting.

It also shakes a little in first upon getting up to speed.

Thanks for any help!

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Hi Jedediah.
    My thoughts are replace the battery and all will be fine. Good luck.