2004 Triumph Daytona 600

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by MikeyDaytona, Jun 30, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    #1 MikeyDaytona, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    For Sale is my 2004 Triumph Daytona 600 in Silver with Union Flag Nose Cone

I've had the bike for a few months now and it has been a very nice bike to ride but I'm looking for something a bit quicker but primarily with a more ‘upright’ seating position.

I’m actually looking for a Triumph Speed Four so if anyone fancies upgrading theirs to a Daytona you have come to the right ad.

There are a few small age related blemishes here and there but you do have to look hard to find them.

5 owners from new.

The bike has done 40,266 miles. May add some miles to this as I like to get out on it when it is sunny which isn't going so well thanks to our weather!!!!

I bought the bike from a friend of mine as he needed a car and I know 100% it was always garaged by him and well looked after otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it. Since my ownership the bike has been garage stored and only used during periods of good weather.

The bike has MOT till 6th June 2017 with only 1 advisory being the front tyre as it will need changing prior to the next MOT.

The bike comes with the following extras:

· Union Flag Nose Cone (Factory Specified Extra)

· Double Bubble Tinted Screen (Original Supplied with Bike)

· K&N Lifetime Performance Air Filter

· Armstrong Wavey Disc Brakes (Front & Rear)

· Painted Rear Hugger & Mudguard in Black

· Black Powder Coated Foot Pegs, Hangers & Brake Pedal

· Adjustable Brake & Clutch Lever

· LED Indicators & LED Rear Light with Integrated Indicators

· Headlight Protectors

· Aftermarket Exhaust with Removable Baffle (Original Supplied with Bike)

· Colour Match Pillion Seat Cowl & Pillion Seat Included (Very Hard to Get A Hold Of)

· 2x Keys

· Original Handbook & Service Book

The tyre condition is very good with the obvious exception of the front tyre, there is still plenty of tread left but the MOT tester advised that it will more than likely need replacing prior to the next MOT.

Service History. Main Dealer & Independent up until approx. 2 years ago and since then has been serviced by the previous owner. All paperwork confirming this is included.

Anyone who knows much about the Daytona’s will know they run slightly ‘snatchy’ at low revs (below 3.5K) but above and beyond that the bike just wants to fly. Don’t be put off by the mileage, this is a good solid bike.

There is only one negative, if you want to call it that, the rocker cover gasket has a tendency to leak a little oil after the bike has been ran for a while (it was used constant over a weekend covering a fair few miles and when I came to clean the bike mid-week I could see some oil residue). Now, I’ve found gaskets on eBay for £9.99 so it’s not a lot for a replacement part but with recently moving into our first home I genuinely have not had the time to get on with this. It’s not a major concern but I want any potential buyer to be fully aware of everything prior to viewing.

I have been completely honest with the condition of the bike to avoid potential buyers turning up and finding faults as well as trying to avoid time wasters purposely looking for issues in the hope to knock £500 off the asking price, sorry people, that won’t happen.

All in all a very good, honest bike that is British and won't let you down.

I am not a dealership and therefore won’t be offering any ‘joy rides’ as I’ve had some difficulties in the past. Please respect this, I am happy to give a demo of the bike but until your name is on the V5 I will be the one riding it.

Cash on collection please. No time wasters and no silly offers as I will not reply.

Honda Lings have valued the bike on trade in basis at £1,600 so will give it one more week on here before it goes in for trade

Any questions then please ask. 07809259298

£1,750 ono

2. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
  3. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
  4. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    price drop to £1,750. Lings have valued the bike at £1600 trade in. Final week up for private sale otherwise I'll be trading it in.... seems to be great weather but nobody interested...

5. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    SOLD. First to view bought within 20 minutes

• Like Like x 1