Sprint 2002 Sprint 955i Seized Chain Hub???

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Tony2945, May 29, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony2945

Tony2945 New Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Salisbury
    Hi all, I am having serious problems trying to tighten my chain on a 2002 sprint. Sounds simple, have done it several times before but now the eccentric adjuster will not budge using the C Spanner. The adjuster clamp bolt is easy to remove, I have tried to separate the rear hub but the eccentric adjuster still won't move.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Lack of courtesy or being offensive to members? As it's one of the friendliest forums not so much of the latter

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Its also the people that follow along looking for an answer to their problem. The search engine brings them here, and they read through 25 entries to find... no answer.

Please finish your threads :skull:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Must be honest @Smilinjack & @Sprinter, it seems to be a common problem on most forums not just here and it does tend to make you that little bit more reluctant to take the time to post an answer that you think may help someone.

But this by far one of the better forums I have come across for the friendly helpful folks on here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    This should be stripped every 12k or 2 years whichever comes 1st.
    Rarely gets done especially by back street dealers or those who home service.
    So now it is very common. You may now need a F&%k off hammer to get it out.
    I suspect the suspension linkages to be shot too.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    At the end of the day, As annoying as it is. The forum is here for help and for the banter. If someone comes on here just for info and buggers off then it's their loss.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Baz25099081

Baz25099081 New Member

Dec 21, 2016
    South wales
    Sprinter that hub walk through is awesome. Thank you. I was putting the bike into a garage to get it done cos its my only transport for work but I may give it ago myself now. How long does that take you 1st attempt ?

9. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    If you have the correct tools (you will need a very large circlip plyers and 46mm socket) its not too bad.
    If you have not then its a right bugger of a job

10. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I got lumbered with a new graduate engineer ( grade 8 if that means anything to anyone :D ) a few years ago.
    I was put working with him as he was more highly qualified than I am !!!
    So I spend the first 6 weeks on the job explaining the niceties of assembling and aligning / levelling pumps and their associated pipework & wiring.

This preliminary work involved
    "How to hold a spanner"
    " Which way to turn the nut or bolt " this continued months after he was leading his own team.
    " How not to hold the spanner so it doesn't take all the corners off the bolt head "
    " How to use a spirit level "
    " Not to cable tie Electrical power cables to HOT Pipework "
    " Not to forget the thread lubricant when assembling Stainless bolts into stainless pump bodies "
    " Not to kink nylon air lines "

Then when I had learned all I could, I was put with another new starter !

My first partner was given a team of 3 other lads who were new to the job for him to teach and bring along ......... I worry a lot about the safety of industry if he was any sort of an example, and am REALLY GLAD I'm now retired :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

My brother has a degree :)
    I have a spirit level :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    well I do know a gynaecologist. He's brilliant! Managed to do the Cylinder head gasket on a Vauxhall Corsa.
    Whats more amazing is he done it all through the exhaust pipe

• Funny Funny x 2