2 Pin Disc Lock.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by H.O., Dec 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Any one tried, approved/dumped one of these?
    s-l225.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg
    Looking to get a disc lock, saw this, I've not seen them like this before.

2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Looks chinese..... probably crap!:tired_face:(the nearest smily to a china man)

3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Probably, I notice the pin does not lock, although many others dont.

4. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Think if you are spending £10k on a bike, you will want something better than that chinky P.O.S. Having had a Street Triple with 300 miles on the clock nicked this year...... you can never spend too much....amen!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #5 MickEng, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Lovely self starting guide holes to drill the pins out. :poop:

When looking at purchasing a lock, always look at how easy it would be to remove if you lost the keys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    They look cheap and nasty about as much use as a fart in a space suit.
    Tucker:mask:

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Buy a good quality disc lock from Oxford or Abus. Don't just rely on the disc lock alone unless it's a very quick stop. I use two disc locks - front and back when parking in town and wedged against the calipers so the bike cant be pushed back or forward, but a chain and padlock so the bike can be locked onto a post or something if stopping longer.

• Like Like x 2
  8. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Thats along the lines of my thinking,a row of bikes, most with visible security, 1 with none, which is the quickest to pinch?
    Unless its a steal to order, most of the scabby little young scrotes are going to go for the easiest, you wont stop pro's at any cost unfortunately.
    I already use a bloody great hardened steel chain and padlock, just want something extra for when I cant use it, cant stop any one lifting it into the back of a van unfortunately.

9. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    No, nor would I!
    Only saw them on eBay last night, looked at them a bit closer, probably make better fishing weights!
    I've got a couple of proper ones some where, buggered if I can find them after the move though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Oxford lock and chain / Oxford disc locks that's what I use but at the end of the day if they want your bike they will get it just try too make it harder for them.( groundAnchor)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    The only real way too stop them is bring back the death penalty mite not stop them all but won't be so many of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    And they get worser and worser as I go through eBay!
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    gold.jpg
    Now thats not to say I wouldn't use a real one on the dear little shites!

• Like Like x 2
  13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Wifes just come up with a good idea, one shaped like a hand grenade..................that actually is, pull the pin out and it blows the fuckers head clean off!:bomb::p:skull:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Thank God it was a hand grenade or a minute I thought you where going to say one that vibrates.LOL.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    cheap n nasty tat thst lock is as mentioned buy decent quality,I've got heavy Dena and abus disc locks on front,a oxford monster chain n padlock which goes through groundhog anchor and abus ulock,can't be over security conscious imho.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Mart£62

Mart£62 New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Essex
    Oh you're probably find better in ALDI or the £ shop.
    Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    If you're staying within earshot a disc lock with alarm is worth considering (I've had a Xena XX14 for years - since MCN did a deal on them). Surprisingly loud - no point though unless you can hear it yourself 'cos nobody else will take a blind bit of notice.
    Never been a fan of on-bike alarms as they're usually more trouble than they're worth, at least with disc lock alarms if they go wrong there's no effect to the bike. Another advantage of them is you get an audible reminder before you try to ride off with it still on. :grinning:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2