Thruxton 2-1 Arrows

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by crispey, May 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ok so I bought the arrows 2 into 1 for Doris as I was looking for something a little less noisy than my BC Predators, they kept failing MOTs and I was getting the Heebie Jeebies about the police in Wales. And most importantly was worried about @littleade 's sensitive hearing. (bless his little cotton socks)
    My biggest concern was busting the exhaust studs as they hadn't been touched for 4 years but with @Dozers Dad s tip using his old nail varnish remover and some ATF I scraped my knuckles as the nuts came off with absolutely no resistance.
    Everything went together nicely, a little bit of fiddling with the hose routing coming out of the oil cooler so that it cleared the down pipes and the whole lot was fitted in less than an hour, well it would have been had it not been for that pesky nut on the oil cooler that you cant get to with the down pipes on, so I had to reverse my actions and undo it all so I could move the down pipes. Did a bit of air cat kicking at this point!
    Right all back together time to load the map, I've got the airbox baffle removed and DNA filter on so needed a new map off TTP, I have an Atlas now I've got so many different maps.
    For the first run out it was baffle removed, well it had to be didn't it? It came out easy enough.
    Performance wise the bike actually seemed to pick up a lot quicker and kept it through the rev range and through all the gears which impressed me.
    Noise wise, well it was raspier especially on deceleration but I wasnt impressed, it sounded a bit like a moped that had had a load of holes drilled in the silencer, you know, the ones the kids ride and constantly accelerate and decelerate so the can make as much noise as possible.
    So the next step was to try with the baffle in, This I did. Again, engine response seemed to have improved even more, could it be a noise thing? It seems to be going faster/smoother because there's no noise as a reference? I don't know.
    With the baffle in, obviously a lot less noise, a nice bass in mid revs though and louder under load but a tad too quiet for me so the next stage is more holes in the baffle, I'll do this rather than just cut the end off as it feels a bit more controlled. Watch this space!
    Ironically due to the "Not for road use" stamp they will fail the MOT too although 10 times quieter than the preds.
    Then again I might just put the preds back on for the GMU so @dilligaf 's BPOS and Doris can call to each other across the valleys under a full moon at midnite*

*Edit* and to piss off Littleade

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    DD have you got a link to the "nail varnish remover and some ATF method"

Got a DT400 that is going to need a stripdown, been putting it off for that very reason;)

3. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Cheers DD ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    So is Doris definitely coming to Wales?
    Don't worry about the "Not for road use" stamp at the MOT they won't look for it if the pipes are quiet!

5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Defo probs!! Dependant on weather

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not as yet mate, but mines efi so maybe it sets up better. Only done around 120 miles on her.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  9. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Just an option.

Just my view. Not gospel

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Having done a few more miles on mine my right hand down pipe, as you look from the front, is blueing up, maybe it’s the fact it gets hotter due to it having to run behind the oil cooler!?! Does your bro have the baffle in or out? What map is he running? I guess he has a few mods done, Let me know what your bro says

11. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    I'm running Arrow 2 into 1. on a 865 SE
    Pipes are even discoloration. Dark to gold, no purpling
    Remapped mine with TTP map 2 2-1
    https://www.triumphtwinpower.com/bonnevillet100-performance-tune-2-2-1.php

This kit is fitted as well.
    https://www.triumphtwinpower.com/bo...aster-efi-airbox-modification-removal-kit.php

Easy starting and better running

12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  13. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Apart from your pipes are purple?:p

14. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    as to (THE NOT FOR ROAD USE),on the silencer, it WILL pass the mot if you put adhesive tape over the writing & refit the baffle,i done that to mine last saturday & it passed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well the saga goes on, baffle in, too quiet, baffle out noisy but I don’t like the sound so I drilled an extra 4 holes in the baffle but no noticeable difference so took an inch off the end, slight improvement so took anothe couple of inches off
    83E71188-A2D6-40E8-B6B6-BB67BCE47D42.jpeg
    I think I might have got there

• Like Like x 4
  16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jez! Your post made me dig this out and made me realise what a beautiful sound they make so I might be very tempted to put them back after the GMU

17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    8ED14F74-8B18-4652-8A5F-AF8773249A9C.gif

• Funny Funny x 1