1st Trackday booked!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by PaulSpeedTrip, Dec 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PaulSpeedTrip

PaulSpeedTrip Member

Aug 7, 2016
    South Yorkshire
    Just posted this on the trackday forum so thought Id put it on here too..

I've booked on to Cadwell No Limits trackday at the end of March 2017.
    I have a 66 plate Speed Triple R and my question is......what's peoples views on insuring for the day? My insurance obviously doesn't cover me for trackdays. I plan on taking it (semi) steady for the day anyway as I don't plan on binning it, but obviously know there is the chance it might happen/someone might go in to me.
    Has anyone got insurance for the day-ie how much etc, or would anyone gamble on not insuring it like I am...?
    Cheers
    Paul

2. Carter

Carter Member

May 26, 2016
    Brough
    If you insure with MCE they will payout for 50%.... never bothered though to be honest. Risk you take and after three track days I got the bug and bought a trackbike anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I would advise taking insurance - based on a mates first experience of a so -called novice track run, happened exactly as you said someone ran into him going to fast on a corner lost his bike took out my mates bike and broke his shoulder nearly 6 months later he's still waiting for an op to plate it !!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    With a new bike I'd definitely look for some track day insurance. I did Cadwell a couple of years ago just to get some track time as I was planning to ride at Phillip Island (bucket list) but as I did it on a 12 year old VFR I didn't take out track day insurance but I was lucky. They tell you to tape over your mirrors or remove/fold them in but if I had done that I'd have been t-boned going past the club house by some nobber on a ratty track bike who dived under me as I was just about committed to turning in. If I hadn't seen him in the mirror and moved over we'd have come together big time. At the briefing they stated they'd watch out for bad riding, and that was bad riding, and take appropriate action, but that's no use when you're sat beside a smashed up bike you were planning to ride home. Have fun, Cadwell is a blast but be aware of others around you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Nice one mate. I am sure you are going to have a blast. Be safe and have tons of fun :)

• Like Like x 1