1st Service ,,brake Issues,

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Pedro1340, Apr 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    #1 Pedro1340, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Had my speed triple R in for its 1st service at triumph Glasgow today.pretty pissed to see that apart from straight forward service 1400mles there was an extra charge of £84 as the had to service the brakes , front & rear,seemingly they had been built dry,,no/none lubricant on pins or grease behind pads etc & it could potentially cause issues,shoddy pdi & shoddy initial build.ps triumph Glasgow didn’t do initial pdi ,,,Anyone else had similar issues..Personally I think it should have been sorted Foc as it had been missed during assembly & bike is still under warranty ,,,members thoughts please ,cheers peter

2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    I would be looking for my money back that should have been done either in the factory or as part of the dealers check/preparation before they give you the bike.
    Interested to hear what they said to you about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Agreed, should have been done before being sold, only takes about 30 Min to do though..

I would also ask them to put a decent coating of grease on the hub and suspension links... notorious for being dry

I asked specifically for this at my major service, I don't think they did though as I adjusted the chain recently and it was almost solid, so I will need to do this myself now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    As DD says. Plus, they are not to know if an owner has stripped down the brakes before and re-assembled without any grease themselves.

5. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    Strip down calipers on a 1000mile bike & reassemble completely devoid of any lube or grease,,,???mmm ok,

6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Ask any mechanic and they will all have a list of stupid things owners have done. Unless you've maintained the bike yourself you really cannot be sure what's been done to it previously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    once a year or twice remove calipers and take out pads pump pistons out (not too much) and clean up with toothbrush,either hot soapy water or use brake cleaner keeps pistons from sticking and expensive rebuilds.

• Agree Agree x 1