1999 Daytona 955i Sprocket and chain kit

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Dai-San, Oct 3, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dai-San

Dai-San Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Market Drayton
    Hi guy's,

Really easy question and please don't get all technical as I have searched the forums and read loads of threads and they all start getting way beyond me and cause me confusion.

All I want is to know what would be a good kit, or separates to buy and give to a mechanic to fit.

The standard OEM is quoted on the Sprocket Centre site as:

955i Daytona 1999-2001 Single side Swing-arm
    OEM Gear Ratio - 18T Front Sprocket / 42T Rear Sprocket OEM Chain - 530 Pitch / 106 Links

I assume this is what's on mine already so I want LESS top end and MORE of the fun stuff :cool:

So please keep it simple and let me know what front/rear/chain combo I need to get.

Cheers in advance guy's.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Reduce the front sprocket to 17 teeth and that will give you more umph !!!!

3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    And save on front tyre wear!!

Use a heavy duty X-ring chain - they seem to be all the rage. Many spares dealers - Sprint Manufacturing, Square-deals et al - will sell you a full kit.

Just a thought, using a smaller front sprocket will effectively lengthen the chain, although not by much.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  5. Dai-San

Dai-San Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Market Drayton
    Going to a 45T rear sprocket as this causes less issues with rubber guide wear apparently.

Thanks for all the replies though.