Sprint 1997

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by pete McCallum, Oct 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pete McCallum

pete McCallum New Member

May 18, 2019
    cumbria
    Hi all, i have a 97 sprint , i was wondering if the front brake discs are the same as the later sprints or does anyone know are there any other compatable discs out there from other models, ( i really dont want to go down the Chinese route unless desperate, many thanks,
    pete in the lake district

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pete McCallum
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and show the inmates your new steed. Here in the asylum we love pictures. As for discs Trevor at Sprint manufacturing.
    Joe

3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Welcome, Pete.
    EBC, Wemoto, Busters Accessories, M&P, Sprint Manufacturing and probably several others may be able to help you. I doubt that discs from later Sprints will fit, but will happily stand being corrected.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome, as suggested EBC and the others mentioned

5. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    You could try the Fowlers parts website. If you select the item from the microfiche it lists the other models that the part is used on.

6. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Welcome Pete

7. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    I've got EBC's on my 2001 - really nice discs..without seeing your discs its hard to know if they are the same or the earlier version
    ebc discs.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Sorry about going off at a tangent, but the price of Triumph parts really pees me off. I'm sure there are many bikes out there that use the same disc, but it's so hard to find out. Same for things like a thermostat for my Sprint. About 40 quid form Triumph, yet it's probably the same as a car one that is about £6 off ebay. I can get a set of discs and pads for my Merc estate for less than £100 and they are huge, vented and drilled. Yet one disc for my Sprint is 80 odd quid. Why is this?

• Agree Agree x 1