1996 Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by ajaxajax2000, May 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ajaxajax2000

ajaxajax2000 New Member

May 10, 2016
    Sweden
    I had one back in the mid 90's. And just loved it! But then changed it for a yellow T595. And after that there's been a few others. Mainly Ducatis. But I've allways had a place in my heart for the Speed Triple. And particularly the first generation. So - when one '96 turned up for sale the other day I could not resist, made a down payment and day after tomorrow me and my son will go down to the South part of Sweden to pick it up.

Here's the beauty:

Roland_Malmros_1.jpg

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Lovely bike and it looks in good condition :),they are getting very rare now and they will only appreciate in value if you look after it ;)

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Looks very tidy, well done! (only a little envious:)). I had a Sprint900 in BRG just before they came out, always fancied the SpeedIII.....Think I need one to go with my 94R......and a Rottweiler chained to a lamp post.
    SpeedIII.jpg Still got the catalogue - classic advertising yet to be bettered.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi ajax, that is a really lovely looking Triumph - well found !!!!

5. Adam Hoot

Adam Hoot New Member

Apr 25, 2020
    West Virginia
    Hey guys so I own a 1996 speed triple buy have run into some issues while doing some maintenance on it. I was hoping one of you lads might have some extensive knowledge on them and could answer a few questions for me??