1992 1200 Trophy Using Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by popey, Jun 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. popey

popey New Member

Jun 2, 2020
    sussex
    I have a 1992 1200 trophy,at the moment the bike is using oil. I have replaced the oil seals on the front sprocket, clutch shaft and gearchange shaft as they looked a little wet this has improved the problem a little bit , its not burning any oil either with the throttle open or when I shut the throttle off so have discounted that , I did an oil/filter change when I first bought it and used mobil 1 oil which was recommended in the haynes manual. the bike has done approx 48,000 miles but cant be sure of that
    There doesnt appear to be anywhere else that oil is getting out.
    Any suggestions or advice on types of oil or feedback on whats normal will be much appreciated

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I had 1994 trident , did many more miles than your trophy , ride it a bit harder on the throttle , it'll come good ! Shouldn't use any oil between 5,000 km oil changes , mine would use less than 200 cc/ml even when it had over 160,000 km = 100,000 miles.
    I did a lot of Hwy miles interspersed with city running , time to time I'd crack it on do wheelies and such , motor lapped it all up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. popey

popey New Member

Jun 2, 2020
    sussex
    Hi Capt,

ok thanks for your reply much appreciated

• Like Like x 1