1991 Daytona 1000

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by John Mac, Mar 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Mac

John Mac New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Jersey
    Gents,
    After a bit of advice as to which k&n air filter pods will if my 1991 Daytona 1000. Also what size jets will I have to swap to in order not to run lean? And finally can you suggest a decent pod filter for the oil breather pipe, would like k&n again.
    I have tried Google and other sites but just not sure of the information and this is THE forum for sound advice.
    Cheers

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a look at www.triumphparts.gbr.cc aka Sprint Manufacturing. They do a lot of stuff for earlier Hinckley models and are good to deal with - well, they've been good/reliable whenever I've needed them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    I`l be following this thread as i`m going to be restarting the restoration of my Daytona1000 this year. Just got a kitchen makeover to finish, then the bike comes back out of the garage for work to re-start.

4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Don't think you'll be "following" so much as 'leading' this thread (hopefully) - check out the date of the last posting .... and by a member whom, I THINK, is no longer a member. Sadly. :(

All that, however, should NOT stop you from resurrecting the thread and letting us see how the restoration of your Daytona Thou. goes. Please. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    Yes, i should have checked the date, i assumed it was recent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Ive done that, never looked at the date:)

I for one will be following the thread on your rebuild & you can follow a guy called Finlay on here who has just started to rebuild his 750!
    All the best

• Like Like x 1