1800cc Bmw!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Yorkshireman, May 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Now that’s tasty!! Very tasty!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    Did someone drop something on that thing?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Ooh that’s bad talk! Heh heh heh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #5 GaleForceEight, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    1. I can see that being hard on both the back and the knees, since you will be forced upright and the cylinders prevent a foot forward relaxed riding position.

2. Far too much shiny stuff.

A Bagger (k model) based cruiser with increased front end rake, a larger front wheel, extended bars, with a frame rejigged to account for the rake and wheel changes and with all the metalwork cerakoted in graphite black would be a thing of beauty...

Love the look of the open shaft drive and styling, but that thing is a sheer vanity project, impractical at almost every turn. Who are their target market? If BMW are serious about entering the cruiser market that thing will probably sell to a niche market of collectors with lots of money wanting something that looks great, but for the mass market I can't see it mounting a challenge to any people who actually want to ride the thing more than once or twice a year.

Edgar Heinrich (Head of BMW Motorrad Design): This concept bike appeals to something deep down – you just want to just get on it and ride off. But when you get off it again, you don’t just put it in the garage and walk away – you turn around again and give it a final parting glance.

Customer (Person who hypothetically bought one): I may want to just get on it and ride off, but now I have got off it my back and knees are screaming at me not to be so stupid as to ever get back on. So as I hobble out of my garage towards a hot bath, my only look will be one of despair accompanied by the thought "I spent how much money on a beautifully constructed machine that just wasn't designed for the human form"