Scrambler '17 Street Scrambler-won't Downshift

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Oldrookie, Apr 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldrookie

Oldrookie Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Avon, IN
    Just bopping around the neighborhood during the "stay-at-home" portion of the show and my bike suddenly stopped downshifting.

I've been reading that some of the T120's and a few reports of T100's having the issue, but thought there might be some interest in knowing that the issue isn't limited to those models.

The bike has just over 4k miles, has never been dropped and was working fine when I put it away last fall. I've taken three or four short rides since January and all was good. Probably less than 200 miles on it since January.

Just suddenly decided not to shift below 3rd. Lever drops down lower than usual and there is no tension on it.

Of course--it is out of warranty. Great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Oldrookie
    See if there was a recall. Also you haven't worked on the gearchange have you. If all fails go for a good will gesture from Triumph.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oldrookie

Oldrookie Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Avon, IN
    No, haven't done anything other than change the oil and swap out the brake fluid.

This seems to be an issue happening with a few bikes. Most I've read about have been handled while under warranty, but mine is out.

4. Oldrookie

Oldrookie Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Avon, IN
    Got my bike back Saturday. Triumph paid for the parts as a good-will issue. I ended up paying 4 hours of shop time, but the bike shifts correctly again.

Here's the new part number and cost in the U.S.
    T1191968 KIT, SELECTOR MECH, SPARES

• Like Like x 2