16plate Street Triple 675 R

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Striplebaz, May 21, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Striplebaz

Striplebaz New Member

May 21, 2022
    U.K.
    Hi guys, Having a time of it with my striple r, replaced the fuel tank moved all the hard wear from old tank into the new tank every connecter and hose has been contacted exactly the way they should be, put half a tank of fuel in turned the key all the usual noises fuel pump going threw the motions, the bike does fire up but dies instantly ‍♂️ there’s no bars coming up on the dash so the bike thinks there’s no fuel?. av gone threw the process of elimination with everything on the bike all connectors and lines are connected correctly batteries strong practically everything on the bike is like new or replaced with new legit triumph parts. It’s very odd a tried the hole rocking the bike from side to side also pushing the bike round in a circle just so the fuel level sender can recognise the fuel. But still no go am at a loss hens the HELP mesaage lol any ideas would be sooo appreciated thanks??

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Don't worry about the fuel gauge, it takes a few miles down the road before it registers. Try priming it a few times by turning the ignition on, wait, turn off again. Then try starting. It sounds like there could be a kink or pinch in the hose.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Ditto.
    I've swapped the tank on my 765 a few times for trackdays and not had any problems, I'd check the routing of the fuel pipe.
    Try it with the tank slightly lifted at the front to see if that helps (maybe add some more fuel as well, just to make sure there's enough in there)

• Like Like x 1