132.2 Mph Average Lap on the TT

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by SteveJ, Jun 1, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    New TT Lap record set by that low flying Kiwi, Mr Bruce Anstey. :biggrin:

Bloody hell this looks Scary :eek:

The other thing that amazes me is that this was on the last lap, so he had already ridden almost 200 miles before he started this lap!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Amazing its bad enough riding round the TT course normally but couldn't even imagine riding at that speed I take my hat off to all the riders over there and have a great respect for them all , long may the TT go on :upyeah:

3. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Do it on my Bonnie all the time... :rolleyes: ... :biggrin:

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    The TT riders are just amazing, great to see Gary Johnson win on the Triumph 675 which sounded awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. martinl

martinl Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Cannock
    Yes super... would of liked to see Michael Rutter on the podium too..

6. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    It was great to see the Triumph take 1st place but I really admire Anstey because he is the same age as me and he is from N.Z but also he has previously had cancer and recovered, talk about living life to the full.

In all fairness it hasn't been the best of months for road racing but at the end of the day these guys choose to ride these circuits and I'm sure they are not in it for the money

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Yes Bruce is an character and a talent. These older guys keep returning and are still fast, pity Bruce didn't do his lap record earlier in the superbike race, he may have had a chance against Michael Dunlop.

Its sad we keep loosing talented road racers; there is little more that can be done to improve safety on these road courses and am sure every rider knows the danger when they climb aboard their machine (although I do wonder about Michael Dunlop.... not sure anything scares him

Great to see Gary Johnson is ok if a little battered from his accident. Hard to see anyone beating Michael Dunlop in the final Superbike race Friday but good luck to Bruce Anstey.

8. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Yes Dunlop does worry me, I think he is always trying to live up to his uncle and fathers reputation.

He really does push his luck and one day it may run out. :frown: