Scrambler 1200 Scrambler Keyless Ignition Problem

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by haydenvn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    i have had problems with the key not being recognized by the bike. today it went completely while in north wales so i kept the engine running and headed to bill smiths. When i arrived a chap told me he was having the same problem on his 1200 xe but due to being off and on it was difficult for them to sort. They connected to the computer and came up with a key code error, so reprogrammed it and it looks to have worked.The other chap got his bike done as well. Thanks to bill smith for quick fix as i do not know what would have happen if bike had stopped. AA ? Any body else having keyless ignition problems?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Burny_13

Burny_13 Active Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Reading
    Ive had issues with my speed RS, but only if i keep my phone too close to the key.
    I put them in different pockets now and havent had an issue since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    smiths advised to keep phone away from the key so i will see if that sorts the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    My wife’s car has keyless ignition and she keeps her key in the same pocket as her phone, so that may not be the issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    so far i have not had a problem since it was re programmed but this may be just because i now keep the phone well away from the key fob.Does seem strange that this is what they suggest as the phone has a charging point under the seat right next to the induction coil that picks up the fob signal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s so odd you’d think when they make these thing they would test for just such things as phone interference

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    i have had to have bike reprogrammed again following loss of key recognition. Twice now i have been riding in north wales and had to keep the bike running and head to bill smiths in chester. credit to them that tin both occasions they worked on bike as soon as i arrived. i was told this time they have replaced the fob key but they have had lots of bike back with problems. i now worry every time i take the bike out and wonder if triumph have fitted something none of us wanted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

This worries me :confused:
    I have a new Rocket coming in March and that has keyless ignition :(
    :mad: I have never wanted it :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    hopefully they will have got it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Interesting that the new Tiger that I saw doesn’t have keyless

Oldfart

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Well i never had a problem with the keyless ignition on my Rs, just everything else. :joy::broken_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf
    Wow that's great bet no one here knew about that.
    Regards
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Dilli - it may be Sept next year :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Caio C S

Caio C S New Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Brazil
    I am having the same problem here on Brazil. My smart key starts the bike, but when I am riding my diplay shows that the key is away. My bike is on the Triumph dealer for almost 2 weeks and they don't know what to do anymore. They reprogrammed the key, changed the antenna, updated the software, changed the key battery and the problem remains. I am still in love wirh the bike, but it is really annoying for a bike with 1month and 1000kms

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bret Morey

Bret Morey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    I had this problem for the first two months with my scram XC, and then it just stopped happening. I did nothing, but for the last 2,000 miles it hasn't happened. Hoping your issues fix themselves like mine did.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Caio C S

Caio C S New Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Brazil
    My bike is on the Triumph workshop for 2 weeks. After trying everything to solve it, they concluded that the problem is on my dashboard. They will replace it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Richard Maroon

Richard Maroon New Member

Jan 21, 2020
    San Diego
    I just recently purchased a 2019 Scrambler XE Showcase and it has failed 5 times in 30 days! What a disaster for an otherwise amazing bike! Triumph had better come up with a solution asap! There are Lemon laws in California so it may be heading back to the dealer if it's not resolved soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fermitdeekrog

Fermitdeekrog New Member

Jun 22, 2020
    New Zealand
    My xc scrambler has been doing this on and off since I bought it mid last year.
    When it played up I could hold button on fob and press ignition switch at the same time and it would turn on.
    Just recently it went in for 16000km service and they reprogrammed fob and bike, now fob doesn't work at all grrrr.
    Currently having to ride with spare key under seat until new fob comes in.
    Hopefully that solves the problem.
    Fingers crossed.

19. Haro

Haro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Australia
    When you gete the Fob out of Range message on your dash, does it actually affect how the bike works at all in that instance?
    Or does it just show as a warning, and once you stop the bike and then hop on to restart again, it all works correctly without any recurring problem associated with the previous Fob out of Range message?
    Hope that makes sense. ;)

20. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I kept having this when I got my bike (speed rs) and I swapped the battery for a decent Duracell one and problem disappeared.
    Been 2.5 years with no return of that error.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1