1200 Paddock Stand Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Tricolore, Aug 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I bought the Triumph bobbins and use a Ducati paddock stand, from a Sport Classic I think. Works fine but lifts the bike up about 6 inches of the ground..

Is there such a thing as an adjustable height stand or just generally lower ?

2. Black R

Black R Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Ashbourne South Australia
    #2 Black R, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    image.jpeg
    Yes, with the standard lifting 'lugs' and the bobbins so far under the swing arm it is a struggle to lift the bike and it was way too high so:
    I removed the lifting 'lugs' and used a 10mm stainless rod through the rear spindle.
    I had to machine one end down to 9.5mm diameter to suit the RHS of the axle.
    Bike now sits about 50 mm above the floor and is easy to lift.
    I also machined two alloy spacers only because the lifter hole was 18mm and the spacers took out some deflection.
    I also removed the original rear stand wheel and used the fitting for a locking bar - this locks the lifting bar.
    Then I fitted two sets of triple wheels to the stand so I can spin the bike around in my garage?

3. Black R

Black R Member

Sep 19, 2016
    #3 Black R, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    image.jpeg Did much the same on the front but used a 12mm stainless rod again machined down to to 9.5mm on the LHS to fit through the axle hole on that side.
    This lifts the front wheel about 15mm off the floor and takes a light press to lift it.
    The front of this lifter also has two 180 degree revolving wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  4. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    But surely you need it to be higher for when you take the wheel out. I've got a headstock stand that I lengthend the pin on to make it lift higher.

5. Black R

Black R Member

Sep 19, 2016
    #5 Black R, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Can't take the wheels off with the pins through the axles Mr D.

These stands are just to keep the rubber off the deck and for cleaning and lubing.
    I have a hoist at my factory for the serious stuff.

But I can put the bobbins back on to remove the rear wheel and use the rear stand and a jack under the motor for the front wheel removal.

6. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    Ah yes very true.