12,000 miler

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by crispey, Mar 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well that came up quick! Taking her into destination triumph at Bramley for mot and service at end of the month, shims to be checked, £600 + £16 for loan bike, hire really as they're charging. List of don't do's at the ready

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I got charged £15 for the loan bike - asked why and Destination Triumph said it used to be free, but the excess on the insurance was £1000.00 but pay 15 quid and it comes down to £250.00.

3. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup that's the reason they gave me. It also means you can get any bike not just a demo!! Supposedly

4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wow that's steep!

5. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Good luck with service and MOT do you feel that they will find extras then ??

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I thought it was about average

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Nah shouldn't do just don't want them doing triumph bits to custom bits or visa versa

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I bring the number of your parents into dispute!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    They must come around this a lot and it must be a head ache to them if bike has running issues.

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    The whole idea was to get rid of running issues, which it has done, if they didn't put so much twaddle on in the first place we wouldn't have to go through all this! Anyways I always thought a service was a service and a tune was a tune. The last one I had when they remapped was just pure pig headedness by the mech who stated that he'd never heard of removing O2 sensors on efi's before, and if he couldn't recognise a modded airbox and air filter and non standard pipes during the service then he shouldn't get repeat custom! Oh he hasn't, so there you go!

• Like Like x 2
  11. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Are carburettor version of thruxton a better choice then I am asking myself ??

12. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Well the Dinosaur maybe right when everything on the bike is monitored by a box of tech instead of a needle.

13. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Happy with both - touch wood - never had a problem with the three on the Trident but have heard horror stories of badly set up ones. The Bonnie was fine too (especially with a Thruxton needle fitted and bigger jets). The Enfield used to blow it's old CV carb off when kick starting but that was fixed by a replacement Amal Mark I concentric (they still make them in Salisbury). Classic looking and has to be "tickled" to start the bike.

14. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Go see Clive Wood and save a wallet full of cash and know it's been done right

15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I didnt realise i never updated this,
    they failed doris on the MoT due to exhausts being too noisy!!! They're not noisy they're just right!! anyways had to take the originals down and replace them.
    Even though told not to do anything with the map, they flashed it so it got reset to latest triumph one which was no good for my set up, I think its just an automatic thing they do without thinking so rode home with a whisper and had to re exhaust and re-map as soon as I got home .cost me closer to 800 than 600 so thats the last time i take any of my bikes to a triumph dealer for any servicing.

16. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth

17. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Ah ha that's where my motards come in, more noise, beautiful Crisp sound and a nice legal stamp on them that means they are untouchable!!

18. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    "Cockwomble"- a brilliant name. First became aware of it when (former) Prime Minister David Cameron opened a Twitter account and posted his first "Tweet" - the immediate response?: "piss off you cockwomble!"

19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It's a noise thing! They run them monitor the sound and if they are over a certain level fail them at their own discretion. Mine has passed an mot and failed one with the same pipes! They are not marked " not for road use" either

20. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    No set standards then to work from? Probably need to go to spec savers to read the small print on the kite marks and legal jargon???