1050 Rs Tft Night Mode

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by XLRS SPEED TRIP, Sep 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. XLRS SPEED TRIP

XLRS SPEED TRIP New Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi all. I have a 2019 Speed Triple - we only get the RS in Oz - and I’d like to run the TFT in night mode all the time. While you can select Day Mode (Hi contrast) you cant select Night Mode ie Black background with white speedo. Anyone know where the light sensor is that makes it automatically change?
    I figure if I cover the sensor it will just stay in Night Mode.
    BTW loving this Forum, but not the reports of Issues some are having, my Quickshifter is a bit average so hope the replacement linkage will fix that.

2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Welcome XLRS. Sorry, not sure where the sensor is at either. Regardless of the quickshifter issue, which I continue to have, it’s a brilliant bike. I hope you get to enjoy it to the fullest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Maybe Put the bike in direct sunlight so the screens white, then run ya finger over the dash slowly until it goes black..... easiest way to find the sensor.
    Apart from that I'm saying nowt about the rs :no_mouth::joy:

4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #4 Ducatitotriumph, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    YES!!! I too had this question and eventually worked it out as i couldn't get an answer from anywhere and there's nothing about it in the book (as you have most certainly noticed ..)
    Firstly, select the contrast tick (in the display options) as something you can scroll through using the thumbstick.
    Then, in normal mode with the bike on, select EITHER high OR low contrast and it will NOT keep changing automatically and will keep that setting for you when you switch the bike off.
    Basically , it'll stay on what you prefer then so you don't need to find the sensor!
    I had to sort it as i had a dark touring screen and it was almost permanently dark when I wanted high all of the time!
    No charge for this fix btw :) and welcome...!

• Like Like x 3
  5. XLRS SPEED TRIP

Sep 1, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks...Ill check again but Im sure I could only set Auto or Hi contrast, not low

6. XLRS SPEED TRIP

Sep 1, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Had a play again today
    In the Menu I can select the brightness level of High & low contrast, then with contrast enabled in visible tray I only have the option of High or Auto, NOT low, as I stated originally. Maybe you have newer firmware, can you post a pic of low contrast option that you can select?
    Cheers

7. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    The sensor is on the left hand side of the actual dash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi again!
    Well, just went out and checked and you are totally right. I've only got the option of high or auto too and not low.
    I suppose I was lucky as i wanted the high option and stopped looking but apologies for incorrect info.
    Looks like its black tape time!!!

9. XLRS SPEED TRIP

Sep 1, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks. Looks like black tape job then, as mentioned above