09 Bonneville Sissy Bar Bolts

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by J.S. Partre, Nov 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. J.S. Partre

J.S. Partre New Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Lyon, France
    Hello everyone,

I couldn't find anything on the matter anywhere on the forum, if it's been answered please direct me to the post!

So I bought my 09 Bonneville last week and it came with a sissy bar installed, which I don't really fancy. Trouble started when I tried to remove it, the 4 bolts that hold it (2 on each side) were rust-welded in place, and after hours of trying I had to use some destructive methods to remove them (I tried cutting a notch to bump them free, but they finally gave in and broke loose after heating them up, they are however unusable now).

So long story short, I need to replace them so I dont have empty holes on the grab rail and I found some on ebay for 6.14£ each (here FYI), however it's way more that I'd like to spend on bolts and they don't even ship to France.
    I'm pretty sure I can find some cheaper bolts online but I don't have the specs for them (width, length, thread pitch, etc.). Any of you gentlemen has the info by any chance ?

Thanks a lot !
    Ride safe.