America 07 America No Start Help

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Zohan2000, Dec 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Zohan2000

Zohan2000 New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    australia
    #1 Zohan2000, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    Hi, have an 07 triumph america bike that isnt starting anymore, have been told that its the CDI at fault and need to replace it but that seems quite expensive for an OEM version and the only other one ive seen is the procom engineering one that still costs around $600(AUD) im at my wits end on what else it could be or even if that is the issue, if someone here can give me some ideas or advice on what to test or where to look that will be muchly appreciated

tested the battery and it seems fine, when turning the key the engine turns over and over but wont start, have no spark at all, im at a loss at what to do next

have read that it could be the pickup coil or the CDI, how can i test these to see which is the culprit?

EDIT: found this video and followed it and it seems it is the CDI, only difference between this video and my bike is that my bike has a spark coil for each spark plug, can anyone else confirm that the video is correct?