04 Daytona 600 Sudden Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chris khalil, Aug 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chris khalil

chris khalil New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    Minnesota
    Hi all! Happy Monday.. shortly after i had the bike running smooth again after replacing air filter and spark plugs on a bike I bought a couple months ago, last night on the way home from visiting my parents when i got off the highway i noticed smoke illuminated in my head lights.. i looked down and saw drips of fluid so i rode the rest of the way home slowly and parked it in the garage. I examined the fluid and it appeared to be oil (light brown) leaking from under the bike. The bike rode completely fine on the way home until i noticed the leak.. I didn't have time to really look at it last night but wondering where i should start? I'm going to make sure the oil plug is completely tight as soon as i get home. Nothing strange happened when i was on the way home or when i started it in the drive way to head back to my place... i did park it on the driveway which is a somewhat steep hill but that probably has nothing to do with it..

Hoping it's something relatively easy as i just had it running good again..