'02 America Headlight Switch

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Wire-Wheels, May 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #1 Wire-Wheels, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    My '02 America is a U.S. version. It did not come with a headlight switch. Mine also has the optional auxiliary passing lights. I am looking for a source for the headlight switch used in the UK or Europe. Can anyone tell what is available ? A part number ? It could be that I am misinformed, and this part does not exist. US Triumph dealers are no help. They do not stock that part here. Thanks: ...J.D.

2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Posted this.some time ago. I guess this part does not exist. ...J.D.

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Thanks Privateer: There are times you just want to turn the "daam" light off ! ! ! Anybody have a part # let me know please. ...J.D.

4. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #5 Wire-Wheels, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Neat little piece. Looks.like.they don't sell them here in the U.S. [ You know. The government trying to protect us from ourselves]. Thanks. At least I have a Mfg. & part #...J.D.

On second thought, looks like I could make this. Hmmmm. Know where to get a relay that would work. Think I have the H-4 plugs laying around the shop. [old engineer's brain clacking & clunking up there]. ...J.D.

Saturday July 6, 2019

I have come up with a small but robust (30amp) relay to go inside my headlight bucket. It came with it's own plug and harness. I have also found a push/pull switch to mount in the gauge cluster on top of the tank. Maybe I'll post a picture or two when I'm done. I still need to find a small control fuse and fuse holder. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1