£100 Admin Fee?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Tigcraft, Sep 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    A couple of years ago, I decided to treat myself and vist the bike show at the NEC (Motorcycle Live). The ticket website declared "no admin fee!", so I selected the ticket I wanted, and clicked to the next screen. The price had jumped by £2.50 (if memory serves), but still showing Admin fee £0.00. The £2.50 was a fulfilment fee - sounds a lot like a f@&#ing admin fee to me. It took me a few days to get over that con and decide I really wanted to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Some dealers will happily continue with these charges if peeps keep paying them.

3. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    just tried to charge me £10 for a test ride on the new 1200 scrambler that i put a deposit on four months ago ,subject to test.I said i wanted my deposit back and would go to woods.They agreed no test fee.

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Lost alot of faith in local stealers. Just delt with a York dealer and the service was exceptional.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Yeah but you only got 2 photos.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That’s disgraceful, says it all about them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What you should do is have the test ride and then go to Woods for your new bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Niko

Niko Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Cheshire
    Similar experience.....but I did get a free coffee! :)

9. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I wouldn't go to Woods with a skateboard

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Never had any dealings with Woods are they that bad as well.

11. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Purchased new bike from them - seat not fitted correctly and heated seats wired incorrect. Even though plug and play connections. I find the best experience locally is Staffordshire Triumph, Paddy and Tiko are superb.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Same here mate.

Staffordshire Triumph only sell new Triumphs not like the other dealers mentioned who sell new Triumphs as well as new Honda, Yamaha etc.
    What I’ve found is that Staffordshire Triumph are Triumph dealer award winners and best of all they don’t take the pish by charging admin or test ride fees.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I've used Bill Smiths for many bikes over the years. Always had great service from them and as far as fees are concerned I just factor them into the cost of the bike, so don't get wound up about them. I guess we all have different views and experiences with dealers.....
    Wessa

14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I dont know about buying new.
    Thing is, I want the price on the ticket to be the price I pay.
    They set the price, ffs.
    So why do they have all this "forgotten " charges to add on. Its taking the pee.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The dealer mentioned above applies an £80 admin fee on all used bikes also not just new bikes :eek:

16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Cheers.
    I dont care how he does his accounts. I mind how he presents the price of his bikes, (or not).
    If you buy a jacket, does he say "by the way theres an extra 40 quid on that" when you get to the till.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Bang on.
    Not just bikes everything if it says £10.00 charge £10.00 not a tenner plus delivery because we do do a collection service.
    Advertise the price it is:mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Went to a main dealer looking for a new car. Found what I liked so sat down (with a kid same age as my eldest near enough:rolleyes:) to go over figures.
    Errm what's this accessory charge, I haven't asked for any?
    Ah well sir all our cars go out with £25 of fuel in the tank.
    Ok sounds fair enough so why does it say .......... £114?
    Ah well we don't make anything on the cars :joy::joy::joy::rolleyes: So there is a fee of £89 to cover administration.
    Umm, Ok I understand that but I must make you aware that as I'm sat here there is a SALES OPPORTUNITY FEE!
    Poor young lad looks at me a little perplexed.
    I then went on to point out that this was a flat fee so there would be no additional penalty with it being outside my normal working hours!!!
    He sat there a little bit unsure of how to proceed so I suggested he went to bring his Sales Manager to the party :joy:

• Like Like x 3